Terms and Conditions of Use for the Website
1. Who we are
1.1 JamiiTrade is a site operated by JamiiTrade (Pty) Ltd (“We”). We are a registered private company in South Africa, our company registration number is xxx and our registered office address is 69 Susman Avenue, Blairgowrie, Johannesburg, 2194.
1.2 You can contact us by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2 Our Acceptable Use Policy , which how you may and may not use our site.
3. We may make changes to these terms from time to time. Please check these terms to ensure you understand the those that apply to you, at any given time. These terms were most recently updated on 30 September 2022.
4. We may make changes to our site from time to time. If you are a subscriber, we will try to give you notice of any major changes that could impact you.
5. We may suspend or withdraw our site at any time. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business or operational reasons.
6. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell our subscribers and community members in writing if this happens.
7. Our site is designed for users living countries across Africa. We do not guarantee that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
8. You must keep your account details safe:
8.1 You are responsible for keeping any username, password or similar security information linked to your JamiiTrade profile secure at all times.
8.2 You may not share your username, password or similar security information linked to your JamiiTrade profile, with other users.
8.3 If you know or suspect that your username, password or profile has been compromised in any way, you must notify us immediately and take the necessary precautions to secure your account by changing your password and/or username as needed.
9. How you may use material on our site:
9.1 We are the owner, or the licensee, of all intellectual property published on our site. Those works are protected by copyright laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
9.2 You may not make paper or digital copies of any materials from our site, other than for limited personal use.
9.3 You may not change any of the content that you copy for personal use.
9.4 You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us, or our licensors.
10. Reliance on information on this site:
10.1 The content on our site is provided for general information and education purposes only. It is not intended to substitute professional advice from a trained lawyer or financial advisor. Because each business and country circumstances are unique, you should always seek professional advice before making substantive business decision – or any other action - based on the content on our site.
10.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no warranties or guarantees that the content on our site is accurate, complete, or up to date.
11. We are not responsible for third party / partner websites we link to.
11.2 We take every possible care to ensure the safety of links provided on our website. But occasionally things may go wrong. Users should be cautious when clicking on links and ensure that they apply proper cyber security precautions to ensure they remain safe.
12. User-generated content is there for the benefit of the community and is not checked for accuracy or efficacy.
12.1 This website may contain information, articles, stories or other forms of content – including posts, comments or blogs – that are shared by members of the JamiiTrade community.
12.2 We will not tolerate hate speech, nor sharing of any content that could be considered derogatory, unethical or harmful.
12.3 While we are not able to moderate every single post, comment, story or piece of information shared within the JamiiTrade community, we will remove any user-generated content that is considered hate speech, derogatory, unethical or harmful.
12.4 The views expressed by community members, or third-party contributors (e.g. blogs, articles, opinion pieces) do not necessarily represent our views or values.
12.5 If you want to complain about content uploaded by other users, please send your complaint in writing to email@example.com.
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
13.1 Please note that we only provide our site for private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial business activities (beyond the intent of the content provided on this site), and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13.2 We are not liable for any damage to your devices or digital content, as a result of you using this website or any associated services. We will take every possible precaution to ensure our site and associated content, links and materials are safe to use. But you are equally responsible for using the necessary personal device protection (e.g. anti-virus) and safe online behaviour (i.e. appropriate online behaviour that keeps you safe from cybercrime).
13.3 We are not responsible for viruses or malware – and you must not introduce them into our site or forums.
13.4 We do not guarantee that our site is free from viruses or malware – although we take all reasonable steps to ensure our digital environment is safe, we cannot guarantee this.
15. You will use our website and the associated functionality, services and tools in line with our Acceptable Use Policy.
16. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
17. When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service to expire when the user deletes the content from the site.
18. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
19. You must not make links to our site, on any other website, other than to the home page. If you want to make user of any of our content or that of our licensors, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss options with you.
19.1 When creating a link to our homepage on your website, you should not do so in a manner that suggests we endorse your brand, content or website in any way.
19.2 We reserve the right to withdraw permission for linking, without notice or giving reasons.
20. We are a business registered in South Africa and our operations are subject to the Constitution, Laws, Regulations and Courts of the Republic of South Africa.